Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Exhaustion!

I am exhausted!! Chris isn't far off either.

Christmas seems to have hit with full force and for one reason or another we seem to be running around like headless chickens. I got to rest a bit today but this seems to have made me feel more tiered instead of less!

Our friends from England left a few weeks ago and since their departure we seem to have been out and about no end. Church parties, friends parties, work parties and a wedding far away up in the country- not to mention the Christmas shopping! This morning we had a lovely brunch at a friends house followed by both of us leading our 'sections' at church. We are both 'on' again tommorrow morning too. From my point of view it is my own fault really, as I write the schedule. However this weekend was the toddler Christmas party and I didn't want to burden anyone else with this task!

I spent the week shopping for Jesus' birthday party- driving Chris mad at the supermarket by asking whether he thought my choice of cake was right for Jesus and how many candles I should use. He suggested 2007 but I felt this may have been going a little far and opted for four! THe party went well'ish' this evening, although the kids did get a little boisterous and we nearly had tears over the winner of pass the parcel. We go through the whole thing again in the morning!

Good news for the week though- I have been appointed as a teacher at the local autistic school for the next 6 months. I will team teach six boys- 6 kids, 2 teachers, 1 assistant. THe other teacher is pretty expereinced and the assistant is lovely. The boys will be interesting but our room is near the time out room (practically a padded cell!) so that helps! All the boys can communicate verbally and a few of them even hjave converstaions, of a sort, which is pretty rare for this school! I start in January! HUrrah!

Well best go to bed to avoid further exhaustion tommorrow! Despite being busy we are well and actually quite enjoying The Season, although, of course, it is always hard to be away from family at this time of year.

Love Helen***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Chris and Helen

Hope you get some rest in the next few weeks somewhere. Its certainly a rush at the moment. Its more quiet for me than usual, mainly because I don't have to go to work every day, but even now I can feel stressed by all the activities and expectations.

Have a great Christmas!!

Love
David and Maria