Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Eve

Well Christmas is over- thankfully, my hoidays aren't. Mum and dad arrive in 2 days for nearly 3 weeks and we are going to Uluru with them and I am going overnight on the ocean road with them. Will be fun.

Christmas has been fun, (look at the photos on Flickr). ON Christmas Eve we attended the most watched TV show of the year- Carols by Candlelight. It is filmed at the Sidney Myer Music bowl here in Melbourne and 20, 000 ish people attend each year. We bought our tickets back in November but ubecause they were general admission we were warned by friends to arrive to que up at 2 in the afternoon at the latest to ensure a decent space on the lawn. Luckily the day was fine but not too hot so we qued quite hapily all afternoon.

when the gates opened there was a fast track que for those wirthout bags so Chris took all oyur stuff and I legged it in with only a blanket. It was such an adrenilin rush as everyone sprinted for a decent spot!I was quite please with where we got!

Unfortunately not long after we got in at 5 it started to rain and then it was showers on and off all evening. I was fine as I got in the sleeping bag which turned out to be water proof but poor Chris looked like a drown rat most of the evening!

The pre show entertainment started at 7. It wsn't bad- except for this ridiculous Mr Men and Little Miss sho that went on for hours! The main event started at 9. It was excellent! Started with Delta Goodrum and had lots of famous Aussies and even Brian McFadden from Westlife (he was spendinng Christmas with Delta- ahhh!) THe whole event was beautifully put together and despite the rain we had an amazing time. My favourite thing was looking bck at the sea of candles that swayed to the music! Fantastic!

On the way home as the clock showed midnight I leaned out the window and shouted Merry Christmas to everyone we passed. I had fun but I think the Melbonites thought I was a)mad or b) drunk! Of which i was neither!!

It was a long but great day! More about Christmas soon!

No comments: