Monday, November 27, 2006

tearing up the freeway....

How much fun is this monster truck?


I had an hour or two spare yesterday, so I ventured out to try and find a new spot to run the car. I headed over to the new mitcham - frankston freeway, an enormous ongoing construction not far from home, and found a great spot where there was no no-entry barriers.


Big bertha tore that place up like it was wet tissue paper - nothing was a barrier, even a 40ft pile of dirt - straight to the top without hesitation! I found a spot that was perfect for pulling huge jumps, and kept pushing the limits, until I snapped the aerial in half. I was stunned that was all I managed to break this time! This really is a tough little truck.


Below is the aftermath. I think I have a little bit of cleaning up to do.... very satisfying though. Reminds me of the days when I had my jeep and used to get it stuck in all kinds of mud holes and steep hills!


I want to get some better video of Bertha going, so watch this space...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nobody else is acknowledging your engineering achievements......your 'derring do', so I thought I would tell you that your blog is much appreciated and I think you are really clever!!