Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sofitel Update

Well, as you can see from Helen's last post, we had an amazing time on our mystery night out in melbourne the other weekend...

It was friday, we'd both had a very busy week, and I had had some wonderful news - a very juicy pay rise and a positively head-swelling review with my manager. Happy days!

So I decided it was time to treat Helen - she had just finished her 8 week contract at school, and we were both winding up for our birthdays... Thanks to wotif.com I found an amazing last minute bargain at the abovementioned hotel, in a club suite (the highest hotel rooms in melbourne) with pre-dinner drinks and brekky in bed included!

Helen was gobsmacked when we cruised up onto the driveway of the hotel, to be met by the valet who quickly ushered us to our home for the night.
As we entered our room, we were met by this picture.

I was informed that the view extends for some 100km on a clear day.
We sat in quiet awe for what seemed hours as we watched the sun setting on a wonderful week.


The room has to be the most sumptuous I have ever experienced - the bed simply swallowed you up, and yet was not too soft. And the media system.... wow! below is the touchscreen bedside controller.
It has full controll over the lights, with different settings - day; evening; night; movie mode, you could power the DVD player, Sound system, radio, and Plasma TV. You could even connect your video camera via USB to watch through the TV! I was mighty impressed.

In the immortal words of Ferris Beuller,

"it is so choice, if you have the means, I can highly recommend it"

So that was it, a superb night away in luxury. I'll get onto the Tasmania weekend in a mo... prepare for more pics.... C

No comments: