Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lots and lots of news

Hello all,
Yes, my husband has done it AGAIN- changed our blog!! I am so sorry for all this change, hopefully this one will meet with his high standards and we will be able to remain here for at least a while!

So what's been happening with us- lots! Chris and I both had birthdays and both had great days. THnaks to the kindness and thoughtfulness of our fmailies we were ovewhelmed with pressies from the UK- a lot of Next and Fat Face items which are gratefully appreciated. Not that Australia doesn't have decent clothes shops, I mean we live in Melbourne NOT the outback but we jjust haven't yet found a store that does the basics quite as well as Next.

I also recieved, from Chris, an amazing Sony Walkman- NO not the old eighties style but a new tiny little MPS player. It is pink and looks just like a pen drive. You plug it in to the computer press a few buttons and 'volia' you have portable music- very cool. But the ABSOLUTE best bit is that I can download the radio 2 podcasts. These are absolutley hilarious- Steve Wright with 'Ask Elvis', Terry Wogan's 'Janet and John' stories and Chris Evan's bizarrre bits and pieces! I keep getting funny looks in the gym as I laugh out loud at the funniest bits! I tried to explain Ask Elvis to a friend the other day- but how can you describe such a thing. I thinnk she now thinks that I am insane!

THe wekend before my birthday Chris picked me up from work and whisked me off to Melbourne for a suprise destination. We turned up at the Sofitel hotel where we spent a luxerious evening including a trip to the VIP lounge and dinner at Hard Rock cafe. THe next day we had breakfast in bed, (one of my favourite things!) and then went to the Melbourne Museum. I had been meaning to go to the museum for ages but never got round to it. It is pretty cool and we both really enjoyed the dinosaurs, body exhibit and particuarly the boiginal exhibit. I didn't realise just how mean we English settlers were to the aboriginals, THe history is barbaric, I was nearly in tears in the museum- I think we keep our history over here pretty quite in England, it's pretty bad! We also enjoyed watching a film about gorrillas at teh Imax theatre.

Well I wanted to tell you about our visit to Hobart this weekend but have run out of time...will write about it later this week!
Take care, love Helen***

No comments: