Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sorry...

I know, I know.... we have not blogged for ages! I would like to say it is because we have been dead busy or going through emotional crises- or some other 'acceptable' excuse, but really, truely, its cause I have nothing to say!! A little over 18 months in Australia and I have to say that 'life is just life' really. We do fun stuff, we do boring stuff, we enjoy the hot weather, we shiver in 16 degrees, we sometimes eat kangeroo, we watch the parrots flying in the trees and get woken up by crows sqwaking but really Australia is pretty much like living in any other country at the mo! Now I probably either sound totally depressed or like we are happy and completley settled for the rest of our lives- neither of which is true!

And, that's not to say that I have done nothing with my Easter holidays- I have actually been quite busy. THese are the things I have done!

1. Entertained Chris' bro, Jon. he was out here visiting for a little over a week. He went off by himselves some days but we had fun having BBQs, going to the pub quiz, making tiramisu (well he made it whilst I made lasagne, but it was fun!), going to watch the footie and playing trivial Pursuit!

2. Visited a winery- we even stayed over night, courtesy of Jon. WE stayed in these very cool rooms with a spa bath and there was a leisure club with an 'experience pool' (which is like a pool that does lots of different things- like a jacuszzi bit and a bit where you swim against a current etc), and we had dinner in the winery restaurant (which was very fancy) and drank very nice wine!! It was a great night away!

3. Watched 13 episodes (in 2 days) of series 2 Greys Anatomy!! (My new favourite program!)

4. Cooked a Jamie Oliver sausage pasta recipe, which was exceptionally yummy!

5. Went to our church's Easter service which was a big party type thing a t the local primary school. I helped run the toddler egg hunt. One toddler hit another...it was fun!

6. Had my own egg hunt at home courtesy of chris. Only my treats were little Lindt bunnies and eggs- very yummy!!!

7. Had car serviced!!!

See- a very interesting life really!! But when I think about blogging I just can't bring myself to log on and tell you that I got my car serviced!! But I will try (really Jon we DO try!!)

Hope you are all enjoying whatever it is you are doing!
Love Helen***

No comments: